We’re absolutely bonkers for rum at Cocktail Wonk. We’ve written about rum more than any other spirit. For the reader just discovering Cocktail Wonk, here’s a curated list of links to check out.
You can easily find all rum-related posts via this link.
General Rum Knowledge
- Can rum survive its moment in the sun?
- Rum categories and what’s wrong with them
- Rum is not inherently sweet
- E&A Scheer – Rum blenders to the World
- Black Rum: Setting the Record Straight
- Rhum Agricole Introduction and the Martinique AOC
- Rum Has No Rules – But Neither Do Whiskey & Brandy
Advanced Rum Knowledge
- The science of rum flavors
- Jamaican dunder and muck
- Nicaraguan sugar cane worker deaths – Beyond the headlines
- Age Statements: Not Always Worth the Paper They’re Printed On?
- Batavia Arrack – Rum’s Eastern Cousin
- The Complete 2014 Martinique Rhum AOC, in English with annotations
- Tales of the Cocktail 2016 Rum Coverage
- Plantation O.F.T.D. Overproof Launch Party
- California Rum Fest 2016
- Tales of the Cocktail 2015 Rum Coverage
- California Rum Fest 2015
Martinique / Guadeloupe / Marie Galante
- St. George Spirits
- Lost Spirits (Salinas – original distillery)
- Lost Spirits (Los Angeles – new distillery)
New U.S. Rum Releases
Every few months I scan the U.S. government web site to see what label approvals have been granted recently. This link gets you to all those posts.