“All roads lead to rum.” -W. C. Fields
Below is a curated list of rum-related links written by me for CocktailWonk, PUNCH and Bevvy.
Introductory Rum Knowledge
Advanced Rum Topics
Deep Dives & Secrets Reveals
Geographic Indications (Regulations) for Rum
Martinique / Guadeloupe (French Rhum)
Assorted Other Rummy Topics
Ruminations Monthly Column (Bevvy)
- All Ruminations posts are here
- Rum Misconception #1: Rum Is Sweet
- Rum Misconception #2: All White Rum Is the Same
- Rum Misconception #3: Darker Rum Is Better
- Rum Misconception #4: Older Rum Is Better
- Rum Misconception #5: Rum Has No Rules
- The Global Grass Roots Efforts to Rehabilitate Rum’s Reputation
- The Best Rums Under $30 for the Aspiring Rum Enthusiast
- Choosing the Best Rum for Old-Fashioneds
- In Praise of Blended Rums
- Why Do Rum Makers Filter Their Rums?
- Rhum Agricole vs. Cachaça: Clearing Up the Canefusion
- Rum-ify the Classic Sidecar Cocktail
- Rum, Rhum, Ron: What’s the Difference – Part 1?
- Rum, Rhum, Ron: What’s the Difference – Part 2?
- Cask Finished Rums: Great Idea or Gimmick?
- What Exactly is Navy Rum?
- On the Record With Rum Legend Luca Gargano – Part 1
- Rum Expert Luca Gargano on Truth in Labeling and Tropical Aging
PUNCH Magazine Pieces
- The Dutch Masters Behind the World’s Funkiest Rums
- Has “Solera” Become a Dirty Word in Rum?
- How Foursquare Became the Pappy of Rum
- Resurrecting Tiki’s Lost Rums
- Velier U.S. Launch 2018
- UK RumFest 2017
- California Rum Festival 2017
- Rummy Overload at Tales of the Cocktail 2017
- Tales of the Cocktail 2016 Rum Coverage
- Plantation O.F.T.D. Overproof Launch Party
- California Rum Fest 2016
- Tales of the Cocktail 2015 Rum Coverage
- California Rum Fest 2015
New U.S. Rum Releases
Every few months I scan the U.S. government web site to see what label approvals have been granted recently. This link gets you to all those posts.